Thursday, September 29, 2016

My Adumbration Of This Summer

 


     Hello, everyone! It's been quite some time since I've done a blog post, so I figured this would be the perfect time to do one! Specifically, a post documenting my experiences this Summer.

     In June, I had the privilege of staying with my Uncle Mike and Aunt Debbie in Illinois. If I had to choose only one word to describe my three-week vacation there, it would be phenomenal! We kicked it off with four days and three nights in Branson, Missouri at an exclusive resort. There, we enjoyed delectable food and fellowship. Among the things we did there were racing at the local track, playing at the arcade, shopping at the stores, strolling through an amusement park, swimming in an hour-glass shaped pool, and attending aesthetic and meritorious theatrical performances, such as Moses at the Sight and Sound Theater. If you think you may be interested in visiting Branson, you can take a look at all the fun-filled city has to offer for you and your family here. Our short-lived stay in Branson came to an end, and we returned to Aunt Debbie and Uncle Mike's home in Maryville, Illinois. But my vacation there wasn't even half-way over!

     Every night, we sat in the downstairs living room, watched a movie, and enjoyed each other's company. After about 9;30, I went upstairs into the room I was staying in. I wouldn't actually go to bed until much later in the night, - I stayed up reading and listening to the news on one of the local stations. Every Friday, my baby cousins, Ava and Mila, would come to visit. Ava is currently 3 years old, while Mila is 8 months. Those little girls are the sweetest things! I absolutely adored them, and eagerly anticipated for them to come the next week. Aunt Debbie treated me to a bike ride, a couple of Slushies, and a few trips to the local YMCA. There were a few afternoons in which I took a stroll by myself around the neighborhood; the city looks truly pulchritudinous as the sun is setting down on it. I had the opportunity of meeting several people from Aunt Debbie and Uncle Mike's church; they are truly great people who are moved by the Holy Spirit! I only hope that I will be able to meet them again some day.

     Soon after I returned to Florida, I was off to Camp Kulaqua with my church's youth group! The camp was Star Wars-themed (an appropriate theme, in my opinion, considering the recent release of the latest Star Wars film). I sincerely believe that I witnessed God at work that week. Several unsaved people prayed to receive the healing forgiveness of Christ, and those who had become lukewarm in their Christian walks were ignited again! The spiritual elements aside, I tried horseback riding and zip lining for the first time while I was there! Both experiences were initially frightening, but I learned to love them. On our way back, we floated down the lazy river at Itchentuknee before we hit the road again. Everyone was exhausted by the end of it all, but it was so worth it! The music was soulful, the food was delicious, the students were enjoying themselves, and the messages we heard were Scripture-filled and God-centered. Perhaps next summer, I will volunteer as a counselor....

     Once I returned home, I spent the remainder of the summer keeping the house clean, taking care of my dogs, reading, and researching and debating the abortion issue alongside my friend, Michelle. On the National Pro-Life Alliance (NPLA) Facebook page, there are typically several pro-abortion trolls who will leave snarky comments just to get attention. They've been rather quiet as of late, but they used to comment on every post by NPLA, every day. Michelle and I would engage these people in debates, and quickly debunk their rhetoric with documented facts, logic, and sound philosophy. When you consider the fact that there is no logical argument in favor of abortion, it is not very difficult to defend the pro-life position. As of September 22nd, I have begun a hiatus from debating this issue; this break is expected to last until a few days prior to Thanksgiving. I figured that a break reasonable in length would leave me refreshed and better prepared to defend life after the intermission is over.

     But, enough about me. I would love to hear from you guys! How was your summer vacation? What did you do? What is your fondest memory from these past few months? What in the world is going on in your world? Let me know in the Comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment